Student Minds Cambridge is the Cambridge branch of Student Minds, the UK’s student mental health charity. We empower students and members of the university community to look after their own mental health, support others and create change.
Day to day, what do we do?
- We keep a steady stream of uplifting and encouraging content flowing on our social media – you can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- We run a variety of events for students during term-time. You can find out more here.
- We produce a mental health blog, written and edited by Cambridge students. You can find out more here.
- We have a team of Camfess Responders – students who work together to ensure that no Camfess post indicating a student is struggling with their mental health goes unanswered. You can message us on Facebook to join or find out more about this team.
- We maintain an ever-growing directory of useful resources for students with mental health concerns. You can find out more here.
- We have a big, friendly group chat on Facebook Messenger for students to talk about mental health at Cambridge.
- We liaise with the University, Colleges, and other authorities, advocating on behalf of students for improved welfare provisions.
- And we collaborate with other societies, student newspapers and organisations to improve and raise awareness about mental health at Cambridge.
Freshers or those new to Cambridge may enjoy our welcome video here.